My Big Fat New Year’s Resolutions
God, I used to hate these things. Meaningless! Rubbish! A warped conspiracy to get us to go to the gym more I used cry at the dawn of every new year. In my life I have only gone along with this tradition once and I found that I had so much I wanted to change that I had to write a whole list. You can find it on here actually somewhere.
Despite my cynicism, having a plan for your life for the next 12 months, or possibly more, isn’t that bad. Sometimes you need a little direction in your life and more specifically something to spur you on to do something different.
My biggest fear is staying still. Never developing or changing or learning from my experiences. Since I am by nature lazy as fuck I have to force myself to do anything that doesn’t involve sitting around the house in my PJs.
So here are my New Year’s resolutions that I will complete…hopefully:
- Have more of a social life- Yeah I need to leave the house and not just to go to work. I think possibly a random dance group or knitting club may be the way to go. Obviously seeing actual friends and going out on Saturday nights will happen too.
- Start writing a lot more- Well I have plans for this that will link up with resolution number 4 (guess what I wanna do when I grow up). Regular blogging always gets in the way of laziness I find. Hopefully I’ll be able to post once a week in the new year whether people read it or not (Obviously this blog won’t get updated that often. Who reads it anyways).
- Exercise- I know everyone says “I’m gonna exercise and get well skinny and that” but I have a plan and I don’t want to get “well skinny”. I think well-defined and streamlined is more what I’m looking for. I don’t actually want to lose any weight. It’s taken 24 long years but I’ve finally realised that I’m very happy with my size, I just need to be healthier. That includes exercising more regularly and eating healthier (urgh healthy food, my ultimate nemesis).
- Focus more on my career- I spent two years trying to get a job and when I did there was a huge hole left in my life that was previously taken up by applying for jobs and going to interviews every fucking day for two fucking years. Oh you say I was the best candidate so why didn’t I get the job then, huh WHY?????…. Sorry. Sometimes I get flashbacks but on a serious note I have no idea what I want to do in a year’s time never mind five years so it seems like I need to take a good long look at what I can do and how to get there.
- Make more music- I’m kinda doing this at the moment but there can always be more music in your life. Recording, gigging, touring, that’s my plan. Creating your own culture is the best way to spend your days.